Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lighting for night

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Esthero's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Well, the Super 8 bug has slowly consumed every second of eery day for a few months now.
    I'm having some problems with lighting and filers, etc. If i'm using Kodachrome 40, shooting outside, i don't need a filter, right? But if i use that inside with tungsten, i need filter # 85...correct?
    Also, what if i want to shoot a scene at night, outside, the film won't pick anything up cause there's not enough ligh so can i shoot earlier and underexpose the film,, I DUNNO! I'm GOIN NUTS WITH THE LIGHTING! please help me with super 8 lighiting and using the in camera light meter.. thank you!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Read this:

    The Filmmakers Handbook by Steven Ascher & Ed Pincus
    published by, Plume.

    It is the single best book on film in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would agree with the comment about the book. Kodachrome is Tungsten balanced--so you need the 85 outside. As for shooting day for night shoot at non when the shadows will be less. Then stop down a couple stops no more than 2 I would say. I would also try some filters which ones I can't say off the top of my head. Good luck if you have any more questions just email me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •